Graduates of the BSET-Mechanical program will be able to achieve the following career and professional accomplishments:
- Demonstrate an awareness of contemporary social and economic issues, and the relationship of those issues to their professional mechanical engineering practice.
- Demonstrate the need to maintain their technical skills and develop new ones through personal development and life-long learning.
- Capable of conveying technical information through their proficiency in written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrate an appreciation and understanding for cultural and ethnic diversity in the workplace.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities to their field and to society.
- Able to acquire and maintain successful employment using their skills in applied mechanical engineering technology.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the BSET program in Mechanical Engineering Technology, graduates will be able to:
- Operate modern computational tools, including computers and machines for technical problem solving.
- Apply the principles mathematics and science to solve mechanical engineering technology problems.
- Perform competently in a laboratory setting.
- Demonstrate ability to design systems, components, or processes for mechanical engineering technology application.
- Function effectively in a team.
- Identify and address various aspects of design.
- Demonstrate competency in written, oral and graphical communication skills.
- Recognize the need for additional education, training or certification as a means of maintaining and improving the skills necessary for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of professional ethical responsibility toward employers, customers, and society.
- Exhibit a broad education and knowledge of contemporary issues in a global and societal context.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve technical problems involving energy, heat transfer, and engineering mechanics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant maintenance, scheduling, and operation as well as safety.
- Design and build mechanical engineering components using contemporary automated machines.
- Utilize appropriate software including CAD, to solve mechanical engineering problems.