Message from the Chair
We have recently established an accredited computer engineering program and we have introduced a new electrical engineering area of emphasis in Electrical Energy Systems. Students also find that adding a minor in Mathematics is an easy process.
Our courses offer rigorous and hands-on instruction using state-of-the-art equipment. In fact, we’ve invested $500,000 in new equipment in the past five years.
More importantly, we have a close-knit campus that cares about your success.
Our dedicated faculty members are up-to-date in their fields and all courses and labs are taught by qualified professors. Small class sizes provide an environment where instructors are friendly and can offer individual help.
Program graduates are receiving excellent starting salaries and most find employment within a day’s drive from WVU Tech.
We hope that you will take a moment to explore our programs and we encourage you
to contact us with questions or schedule an opportunity to visit.
Chair and Associate Professor
Our mission is to provide a world-class education preparing graduates to be successful in professional engineering practice.
- Provide a solid understanding of fundamental principles based on mathematics, scientific theory and engineering principles with a balance of practical applications to realistic problems as might be encountered in the public and private sectors.
- Create an environment that promotes engineering teamwork and continuous learning and improvement.
- Offer laboratory experiences that reinforce classroom instruction with hands-on activities on state-of-the-art equipment and allow for creative exploration and opportunities for innovative design.
- Keep faculty members current in their field through applied research, industrial engagement and other scholarly activities, and bring this knowledge to students.
- Engage students with interesting, real-life problems and design projects.
- Foster the education of students with careful academic and career advising, tutoring, student organization support (IEEE) and availability to answer professional and personal concerns.
- Support the overall missions of the Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and WVU Tech, and to this end, the infrastructure of WVU Tech and its operations.