Objectives and Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
In three to five years after graduation, the graduates of the WVU Tech BS degree program in Computer Science will do the following:
- Demonstrate success in the professional practice of Computer Science through recognition of their contributions to an organization or entrepreneurial accomplishments.
- Alternatively or additionally, demonstrate success in the field of computing by continuing formal education through earning post graduate degrees, technical certificates, or other technical training.
- Demonstrate lifelong learning habits either as a professional or a researcher in their field.
Student Learning Outcomes
The BS degree in Computer Science at WVU Tech enables students to attain an ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.