Objectives and Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
In three to five years after graduation, the graduates of the WVU Tech BS degree program in Computer Science will do the following:
- Demonstrate success in the professional practice of Computer Science through recognition of their contributions to an organization or entrepreneurial accomplishments.
- Alternatively or additionally, demonstrate success in the field of computing by continuing formal education through earning post graduate degrees, technical certificates, or other technical training.
- Demonstrate lifelong learning habits either as a professional or a researcher in their field.
Student Learning Outcomes
To meet the educational objectives, the Department of Computer Science and Information Systems will continually assess the following outcomes. In achieving these program outcomes, our graduates will demonstrate an ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.